10/23/14 Flu vaccine update
As many of you know, there has been a national shortage for preservative free injectable flu vaccine for kids 6 months to 3 years old. Thankfully, there have only been a few reported cases of flu in Colorado thus far but that could change soon. Here is our current update
We just received a small shipment of preservative free flu vaccine for ages 6 months to 3 years old.
- Because there is a limited supply at this time, we need to prioritize these doses for higher risk kids. This would include kids 23 months old and under or kids with asthma or other medical conditions that might weaken their immune system.
- We are not administering 2nd doses of the flu vaccine at this time but are expecting another shipment in 1-2 weeks. We will begin 2nd doses when that shipment arrives. 2nd doses are recommended for kids getting the flu vaccine for the first time this season or for those who have had less than 2 total doses since 2010.
- We have flu mist (nasal spray) for kids 2 years and older. This is only an option for kids who do not have asthma
- We have preservative free injectable flu vaccine for kids 3 year and older
- We are currently not administering flu vaccine to parents and caregivers at this time due to the limited supply. Scales Pharmacy at 20th and Pennsylvania is offering adults flu vaccine at the much reduced price of $15.
- If your child has medicaid health insurance, we have all versions of the flu vaccine currently available.
If you would like to schedule a flu vaccine appointment, please call our office at 720.583.4470
The H.I.P studio is a multi-use space adjacent to Highlands Integrative Pediatrics. The function of this space is to engage the community in a group setting through offerings that include: yoga for adults and kids, parent workshops, guest speakers and classes.
For more information about our classes at H.I.P Studio or to enquire about renting the studio space, please contact Tara at 720.232.6514 or email@example.com.
Help raise money for lymphoma research with a book purchase....
To get your copy, order from Amazon, or come to the office to purchase directly from H.I.P.
"A Rich Residence by Bryan Kono invites the reader in for a rare peek at the life of a pediatrician-in-the-making. Based on the poetry and journal entries written during those event-filled years, Dr. Kono beautifully, accurately, and poignantly documents the ups and downs, joys and frustrations, rewards and agonies of caring for very ill children, many of whom would never grow into adulthood despite the wonders of modern medicine. Oftentimes, we think of doctors as distant, academic, uninvolved, and unemotional. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reader will laugh, cry, and gasp in awe at Dr. Kono's stories of real children and real parents caught in the web of catastrophic disease. Names have been changed to protect the privacy of those involved, but actual case histories clearly depict the amazing spirit, resilience, and strength of the very young and often that of their heartbroken families-as well as the agonizing efforts of their doctors to relieve their suffering. The journey of this medical school graduate into a capable, caring physician should inspire us all to appreciate those who have traveled that road. Dr. Kono poured his heart and soul into his journey, setting an example for all of us, no matter what road we choose. This book wraps itself around the heart of the reader and begs us to return again and again for encouragement when we stumble on our own paths. We are left with a prescription for finding the poetic in our own lives. All proceeds from the sale of this book will go to support lymphoma research."
Highlands Integrative Pediatrics
Highlands Integrative Pediatrics offers a full array of conventional pediatric services from well-child checkups and sports physicals to same day visits for illness. Through these services we incorporate both conventional and natural strategies to promote your family's wellness and facilitate recovery from ailments.
We also host complementary providers within the H.I.P office space. Services including:
- Five Element Chinese Medicine Evaluation and Treatment
- Biofeedback and Self-Hypnosis
- Shonishin needleless acupuncture
**More information to come as we continue to develop our website