Hello H.I.P Families!
It has been a while since our last newsletter. We want to thank you all for making our first few months so wonderful! We are still growing into this new venture and are focusing more on H.I.P Studio. As you know, we have had several classes and workshops in the studio and our goal this summer is to continue to offer these same classes AND better promote the space.
We have had several families ask us, “What exactly is H.I.P Studio?” So H.I.P is short for Highlands Integrative Pediatrics, and H.I.P Studio is a studio space attached to H.I.P (the entrance is in the back of the building). Our intention with this studio is to create a safe space for all to learn, grow, connect and heal.
We have offered the following classes:
· Essential Oils for Mama’s and Daddy’s too taught by Cammy Polson
· An introduction to Five Element Chinese Medicine taught by our amazing acupuncturist, Judi Terrill, who sees kids at H.I.P twice a month
· Gong Synergy with Paul Conly (an hour spent lying down or sitting, eyes closed, listening to live music, an incredibly relaxing and healing journey)
· Safe Kids Class taught by Jill Pond (for young children to learn how to keep themselves safe)
· Monthly MOMentum Group gatherings (a group run by Brenda Abdilla and Ashley Sakker to offer support to moms around career and motherhood)
· Yoga for Grief
· A weekly gentle yoga class for all
· AND so much more. Most of our classes are for parents and families BUT we are also offering classes for the entire community.
f there are topics regarding integrative health that you are interested in learning more about, please let us know. Please visit our web site (still a work in progressJ) to see the space and view the class calendar: www.hipstudiodenver.com
Here is what’s in store for June:
An Introduction to Five Element Chinese Medicine with Judi Terrill
THIS THURSDAY, JUNE 13th, 6:00 – 9:00pm
$35 per person or $50 per couple
Please register with Judi ahead of time: 720-484-5357 or email email@example.com
Learn the basic theory of the nature based F ive Element Model of Chinese Medicine. Explore the elements in nature, specifically water, wood, fire, earth and metal to identify the individual characteristics, needs and best environment for healthy development and well-being. Discover how nature’s wisdom can be used as a guide for relational interactions and create harmony and balance in family dynamics.
This class is intended for parents, medical professionals and other interested adults.
Yoga for Grief Drop-in with Tara Emrick
Tuesday, June 18th 7:00 to 8:15pm
$15 drop-in. All are welcome.
MOMentum Workshop with Brenda Abdilla & Ashley Sakker
Monday, June 24th 5:30 to 7:30pm
$29 workshop fee includes handout and refreshments
$39 includes a copy of Brenda’s book which retails for $16.95
Register online: www.momentummomsgroup.com/workshops
Calling all Moms!
The Top 5 Questions Moms Ask Career Coaches
1. How do I re-enter the workplace after taking time off?
2. What’s the best fit for my“ insane” schedule?
3. How do I build my confidence and get “out” there?
4. What if don’t know what I want to do?
5. How can I get more support at home if I am just trying things out?
The workshop leaders are certified career coaches, Brenda Abdilla, author of What’s Your Lane: Career Clarity for Moms who Work a Little, a Lot or Not at All, and Ashley Sakker MA, coach and speaker.
Vaccine Discussion with Bryan Kono
Wednesday, June 26th, 6:30 – 8:30pm
$20 per person or $30 per couple for H.I.P Families ($25 per person or $35 per couple for all others)
Please register by contacting H.I.P Studio: 720-232-6514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join us for this open discussion about the childhood vaccines on the CDC/AAP schedule for children 0-5 years old. Dr. Kono has presented this talk several times over the past few years in the Denver area with the goal of providing a balanced approach and a non-judgmental environment to share ideas. The discussion includes a big picture view of the vaccine decision for parents. Each vaccine is then covered including; historical perspectives on each disease, vaccine efficacy and side effects and any controversy surrounding it. Plenty of time is afforded for individual questions and discussion.
Gentle Yoga every WEDNESDAY at noon with Tara Emrick
$12 drop-in. All are welcome.
Contact information: 720-232-6514 or email@example.com